Friday, January 15, 2010

Study in red - SOLD

I tried to play around with my still life set-up a bit more today. I tossed a couple of apples in my new red glass dollar store vase, and then laid the amaryllis bloom in front. I'm realizing that it really helps to have a number of objects right at hand in my studio, so that I don't have to "settle" with a set-up I'm not very excited about. This will mean hunting for some more items at thrift shops, and then getting a shelf to properly store said objects. Right now I have about five. Boy - if you could see my studio now...well, let's just say I've got my work cut out for me. P.S. If anyone has tips on how to title paintings a bit more creatively, I'm all ears : )
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75

3 comments:

Nickie said...

Hi Kim,
I think your art is appropritely named. When I looked at todays posting I immediately thought of another name "Red Crush", silly but it is the fist thing that popped in my head.Maybe on the rare occasion you can not think of a name for one of your pieces you could run a contest for the best name to win a mini.
I love the turquoise counter! The red pops.

Art by Katalin said...

wonderful composition!..and I like the reds with the blue!
good luck with organizing your studio, that's one thing on my 'to do' list ;)..and hunting for new objects..hmmm..that should be fun... maybe I'll join you :)
...and about to title paintings...that's hard for me too sometimes...but I usually try to do the other way around..I have a word or theme thought out before I paint the picture. But I think there's nothing wrong with your titles they're pretty creative so far!! (like..'Bumper boats'..'One down'..'Hot Joe'..'Fall jewel'..etc.,just to mention a few I liked)
:))

Kim Rempel said...

Thanks Nickie, Mike and Katalin. And "Red Crush" is PERFECT. Wish I would have thought of that.