Thursday, December 22, 2011

The St. Nicholas Collection ~ No.10

Nicholas in Vienna by Kim Rempel / acrylic on canvas
There's a line from a Christmas song I loved as a child that went: 
~~~I don't know if you believe in Christmas, 
or if you have presents underneath the Christmas tree, 
but if you believe in love, that will be more than enough
For you to come and celebrate with me.~~~
Because for as much pressure as everyone feels, it's really not about presents. And I know the commercialization gets quite crass. So just take a deep breath, treasure those you love and keep them close and count your blessings. I wish all of you warmth in your heart, tenderness in spirit, peace and love. Merry Christmas.
If you're new to this interactive exhibit/game I'm running, the blurb below explains it all. Join at any time!
This painting is from a series on how I imagined modern masters would have portrayed St. Nicholas had they been commissioned to paint his portrait. When I exhibit this series I run it as an interactive show. I have a sheet that people can fill out with the titles running down one side and the painters down another. Viewers are invited to guess which artist inspired each piece. One winner is drawn from all correct answers and they receive a gift ; ) If anyone is ever interested in showing it, email me and we'll set it up! I thought it would be fun to play online. This is the tenth of ten. The title holds a clue. You can answer back in the "Comments" section and I will draw one winner from everyone who correctly answers all ten. And I will send a gift, cause hey - it's a Christmas game! Feel free to tell your friends and have them play along!
Artists: Vincent vanGogh, Andy Warhol, Gustav Klimt, Marc Chagall, Emily Carr, Frieda Kahlo, Paul Gauguin, Jackson Pollock, Rene Magritte, Piet Mondrian

18 comments:

Art Matters said...

Hi Kim Came into this game late:
1. Chagall
2. Jackson Pollock
3. Andy Warhol
4. Frieda Kahlo
5. Emily Carr
6. Paul Gauguin
7. Piet Mondrian
8. Vincent van Gogh
9. Magritte
10. Klimt
Such fun!

martinealison said...

J'ai encore trouvé je pense... C'est Klimt!
Douce nuit de noël à toi ma chère Kim, avec de gros bisous.

Denise SCARAMAI said...

Kim!
I am delighted with this collection!
congratulations!
I loved loved loved it all!

I wish that this creative spirit,
reborn every day this new year!

a big hug!
and many blessings to you and your beautiful family!

with affection,
Denise

lcr said...

Klimt
Posting these was a great idea. Merry Christmas!

Taylor said...

these posts on st. nick are quite inspiring!!!!

JanettMarie said...

Ahhh, nice! Gustav!

JanettMarie said...

Ahhh, for got to say, this one is so cool...
No, they are all cool!
Maybe I will try some coffee cups with different artists styles!

CHRIS MURRAY said...

klimt minus the kiss. your work is amazing.

c.dingman said...

I'll agree with those that said Klimt This is amazing how you take a certain style and make it your own.

Lori Bonanni said...

Hi Kim, Merry Christmas, this is a favorite of the series! Klimt

Brenda L. Murray said...

Great job, Kim, on all of them. Love this Klimt rendition. Very best Christmas wishes to you and your family.
Cheers,
Brenda

Crystal Cook said...

I've missed a few of your posts Kim, and I feel like it would be cheating to go back and post my answers to who it is after everyone else has. But I just wanted to wish you and your sweet family a Merry Christmas!!! I hope you are all healthy and happy and having a wonderful time. I am so thankful for you my friend. Merry Christmas. :)))

Darel said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! :)

Patricia MacDonald said...

I enjoyed your St Nicholas series. Great idea and lovely paintings. Happy New Year. pm

Nicki said...

Hi Kim,

I lost track of time and the blog world over the holidays, but anyway this one is definitely Klimt! Love it! I got a cool colouring book based on Klimt's work at the AGO when I was down east for IWC! It's available on Amazon, too.

Hope your holidays are going well.

Hugs,
Nicki

Ralph said...

These posts made me smile thank you so much. I hope you have a marvellous new year.

Page Pearson Railsback said...

Very clever..love it

Karen Bruson said...

Klimt, yes.