Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oak tree, work in progress

So here is the oak tree after working on it today. When I first got there it was a bit windy which was making things difficult, but just then my friend stopped by with a coffee and pastry (!) so we had a good art chat while waiting out the wind. My two concerns were getting back in the zone after Monday, and wanting to add more depth and texture to the tree without getting too tight. It's that thing of knowing when to stop. I'd say the tree is basically done, now it's the ground to finish up. Below is a detail.
acrylic on stretched canvas, 36" square.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to a grand oak tree. I hope the tree and painting bring joy to many more generations.

martinealison said...

Je suis, je crois, une grande amoureuse des arbres. Peut-être, sûrement, je vous ai déjà dit que j'aime enlacer leur tronc et poser ma face contre eux... Je me sens bien après. La vision de celui-ci dans votre peinture me procure cette sensation de bien-être également. Un très joli travail de lumière et un bonheur de couleurs.
Gros bisous et bonne journée à vous.

Crystal Cook said...

Kim this is so fantastic. I just love those branches and the knobby trunk. :))

hmuxo said...

wonderful work, Kim!

Barbara Muir said...

Wonderful. Happy Easter Kim.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Loooooove the detail! Well, the whole thing really!

Nicki