Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 10 List for 2014

Well, as the year draws to a close I find myself thinking on the last 12 months. It's been a difficult year for many people I love. For some I wish I could turn back the clock, for others I wish I could speed it up. This is life. 
I browsed some quotes regarding New Years and here are two I'd like to share:
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan
~~~
And ye, who have met with Adversity's blast,
And been bow'd to the earth by its fury;
To whom the Twelve Months, that have recently pass'd
Were as harsh as a prejudiced jury -
Still, fill to the Future! and join in our chime,
The regrets of remembrance to cozen,
And having obtained a New Trial of Time,
Shout in hopes of a kindlier dozen.
~Thomas Hood
~~~
And now it is time for my annual Top 10 list. These are my favourite paintings from the past year. A very sincere thank you to everyone reading this and for the comments you may leave throughout the year. It means so much and keeps me going. I truly wish you a warm, secure, exciting 2015.
love/sex/chaos/love - sold
Joyful Rebellion - sold
Entwined - $1000
Reflections - $995
Sanctuary - sold
Marbles - collection of the artist
Gelato - $1,200
A change in the weather - $1,270
Shenanigans - $1,050
Frisky Business - $650



3 comments:

Sandra Busby said...

Happy New-Year to you Kim! And I love your selection of paintings - Just wonderful! I am an optimist, but a worrier too. I just wish everyone could be happy and safe always :0)

Scarlet Owl said...

Great idea for a year end post Kim! Always big fan of your trees but love the colors in the Shenanigans. Happy New Year and Happy Painting!
Aimee

Barbara Muir said...

Happy New Year!

Wonderful work all year long. Hope to see you soon, and rock on!

XOXOXOXOXOXO Love to you, and best wishes for a joyous year to you and your family in 2015.

Barbara