Thursday, April 9, 2020

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ I’m jumping into the #aprilforartists2020 challenge a number of days late so am going to try get up-to-speed by combining a few of the prompts in multiple posts.
Prompt 1: an introduction 
Prompt 2: my creative space.

Hi. My name is Kim, I live in Ontario, Canada (it was actually snowing this morning ๐Ÿ˜‘) and I’m a painter. I went to school back in the day for illustration (major: children’s picture book, minor: advertising) and have very fond memories of art school ๐ŸฅฐI’ve worked in graphic design, painted plein air, been a daily painter, and now work primarily as an abstract painter! I adore colour, design, fonts, and art in a million forms. Away from the studio I love to do all sorts of creative things ๐Ÿงก I also love baking, reading, hiking, and embroidering.
Chips or cookies? Usually cookies.
Coffee or tea? Coffee. 
Favourite shows right now: Ozark season 3 was ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ‘ and have just started Money Heist. 
Music: Well, I do love me some Leonard Cohen. ๐Ÿฅฐ
Books: What is the allowable word count on an Instagram post? ๐Ÿ˜ญ Yeah, I could talk books for hours so feel free to leave comments ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ“š
So that’s my super quick intro. 
And as for my studio space, here is a shot of my table. Hard to get a cool shot of my studio but I’ll see what I can do for a later post.
Anyway, nice chatting with you all and please feel free to introduce yourself in comments! 

#aprilorartists2020 #artchallenge #kimrempelart

No comments: