Friday, January 22, 2010

Tumbling cherries - SOLD

I keep painting these cherries while they last. Yeah...I like to buy local and all that - and definitely purchase it whenever it is an option - but I couldn't resist these cherries from Chile. First of all, I had a craving to paint them after seeing Carol Marine's, and secondly - they really do taste great. I know - it's hard to believe after coming all that way - but they taste like the ones down the road!
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75 / SOLD

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this one. Your class down south has really paid off, Kim! E

Kim Rempel said...

Oh thank you E!!

Linny D. Vine said...

Kym, you do fabulous cherries!

Tammy Hext said...

Nice composition and palette in this one Kim. Keep it up - loving this little cherry series.
Tam

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Love everything about this painting, especially the contrast and the cube shaped cherry!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Love the color in your whites, Kim, not to mention the deep red in the cherries. That's the color of the cherries I grab first to eat! The shapes in the foreground and background are interesting.

Kim Rempel said...

Well thank you Elizabeth, Carol, Tammy and Linny. I've been working hard on fruit in general, so it's nice when you start to see results, you know? ; ) Take care!

Gwen Bell said...

Lovely! Great composition and style. Love all the colors in the white and the strong blue shadow.

Stephen Washburn said...

I especially like all the pastel colors that the cup and cherries set on. It reminds me of Qiang's cup and the question about colors to use with "white" objects.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful! Those dark cherries look dreamy good!!