Monday, August 9, 2010

Blackberry cupcake


You know when you have those days where you can't paint? I've had about three.
Does anyone know the book Joseph Had a Little Overcoat by Simms Taback? If you do not, go to this link! It is one of the best and you should snap it up for any young one that you love ; ) Anyhow...I was thinking of it today when I was wiping down YET ANOTHER painting.
Finally I went to one I had done on Friday (shown above) and tried to fix it. Normally this never works and the whole things becomes a dog's breakfast (and there were a few of those) but then this finally happened. So this cupcake is for anyone who is feeling frustrated. If I could mail all of you cupcakes, I would ; )
p.s. Oh yes. To explain why I thought of the book, it boils down to you can always make something out of nothing ;)
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim, you made a lovely painting out of nothing. I could run my finger thru that icing, love the cupcake liner too.

Crystal Cook said...

I love that cupcake! The cherry is awesome. So yummy. How come every time I see one of your treat paintings I must go eat a cookie??? Hmmm??? I must stop that.

Seriously this painting is beautiful. I love, love, love it.

AK said...

Kim, those blackberries are truly amazing.

Art by Katalin said...

Oh you've made me crave for sweets now...that cupcake looks sooo yummy!
And I really like the blackberries with the blue bowl! Nice colours! :)

Dusty Pines said...

lol! i actually liked the blueberries in the bowl, too - but that cupcake is yummy! when i wipe out a painting, i let it dry & tell myself it's really a pre-toned canvas!

Barbara Muir said...

Blackberry cupcake is gorgeous. Lush just like the real tempting thing.
Super.

Take care,

Barbara