Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Glow" landscape, Canadian plein air painter, Kim Rempel

I had a lot of running around today, including picking up my new shipment of RayMar art panels. My Mom came along with me so we got a visit in amongst the errands : ) Anyway - I didn't have time to get a painting done but thought I would post this piece I did a while back. What caught my eye when I settled in to paint this was the beautiful evening light hitting the trees and shrubs and making everything glow.
6" x 12" / acrylic on canvas / $135







7 comments:

M R Anand said...

the careful strokes have created a beautiful reflection of the light!

Layne Cook said...

You sure are versatile! This is quite different from your daily paintings; I like it- especially the variety in the abstract shapes of the trees.

Shirley Marshall said...

I love the abstract quality of this painting, Kim.

Carol Blackburn said...

Very different one Kim, very nice. Did you get the drawing of the squash heel shoe?

Crystal Cook said...

The colors in this painting are just stunning! It really does glow :) Beautiful.

And how nice that you got to visit with your mom :) I love it when I get to do that!

AK said...

This has a lovely abstract feel to it. Great work.

Liliana Lucki said...

Una soltura de gran belleza.Bravo !!!!

Desde Argentina,Liliana