Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chagall at the AGO!

Marc Chagall, Dance, 1950‐52 (La danse, 1950‐52), oil on canvas, 238.0 x 176.0 cm. Collection of the MNAM, Centre Pompidou, Paris © Adagp/Centre Pompidou, Mnam‐CCi / Dist.RMN Marc Chagall.

Outside the Art Gallery of Toronto

Today my husband and I went to see the Chagall exhibit at the Art Gallery of Toronto: "Chagall and the Russian Avant-Garde. Masterpieces from the Collection of the Centre Pompidou, Paris." Great! Chagall's pieces glowed. The gallery blurbs were excellent and enticing. I wanted to know so much more about ChagalI so I bought a book and will start delving through it. He had quite a life. "The Dance" was my favourite piece there, although his "Double Portrait with Wine Glass" was pretty special too. My husband's pick was "The Forge" by Vladimir Baranov-Rossiné (hard to find a decent image online for that one). I just loved the floating people, fiddles, goats and peasants. He was very inspiring.

2 comments:

Marilyn R Miller said...

WOW! I wish you could have taken me with you.... or that Toronto could be closer.... I do love Chagall! What a great experience!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,

I wish I'd known you were going to be there I would have dropped everything to meet you there. We haven't taken this show in yet, and I can't wait to see it. Thanks for this.

XO Barbara