Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sunny Side of the Street (SOLD) + a great meme

This is Sunny Side of the Street. It is 48"x36" on gallery wrapped canvas (edges painted black). I had posted this some time back but the more I stared at it, the more I thought I wanted to add. Ah, this happens! But now it is up on Saatchi and it is finished. No more alterations. It just really makes me feel good and warm when I rest my eyes on it. And happy. It reminds me of the warm sun that bathes you when you have a chill, and of outdoor cafés. I wonder what it calls to mind for you!
Details for this painting are here. You can also click a grey button that says "View original in a room" and immediately see the scale of it against furniture.
If you receive this post through your email, you may not know that I now have a Facebook page. There you will find my art posts but also memes I come across, links to other artists I am enjoying etc...  This was something I came across the other day and I fell in love with it. Do you feel this way about art? I most certainly do! I've always said you can walk by a piece of art and stop. And something triggers you, and it takes you to another place...
Also, a reminder that you are invited to attend the opening of On the Rock, Merging Art & Ecology Friday night at the Carnegie Gallery in Dundas, Ontario. I had a sneak preview and it's going to be a wonderful show!


3 comments:

cohen labelle said...

Congratulations on being part of a fantastic show!
I'll be out of town tomorrow but seeing your beautiful paintings are at the very top of my list for this weekend.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

YOU REALLY Painted a Winner!!!

Sandra Busby said...

Yes it is a gorgeous sunny street scene! Hustle and bustle and all that! I love it! :0)