Monday, July 21, 2014

The Tempest

Finished. 
I think ; ) 
I almost had this completed for the Toronto show but didn't quite make it. Now I think it's done. I'll sit with it a wee bit longer to be sure. It's 16"x20" on gallery wrapped canvas. Detail below. 
And today I have a question for you. Do you have a favourite piece of art in your home? Do you view it differently over the years? Just curious. I was thinking of this quote by Canadian author Robertson Davies: 
“A truly great book should be read in youth, again in maturity and once more in old age, as a fine building should be seen by morning light, at noon and by moonlight.” 

4 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

LIKE IT! The colors and movement!

suzanneberry said...

Amazing piece, I love it. and yes i do and yes i have. i guess it depends on what's going on my my head at the time. great question and painting!

Barbara Muir said...

Wow I'm way behind. This is wonderful! Awesome.

XOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

It's moody and so interesting to look at. Well done- you are an inspiration.