Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Donut Stack" and Day 1 of the InkTober Initiative

Someone brought donuts to work so I stole some of the leftovers to paint. In case anyone is interested in donut matters, they are from Tim Hortons. 
And in other creative news I have taken on the InkTober Initiative in which I intend to do a pen sketch each day of the month. I want to thank Crystal Cook for telling me about it : ) It began in 2009 by Mr. Jake Parker as "a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year."
Today's sketch is of some office plants.
Inktober, October 1, 2014 #inktober

"Donut Stack"
6"x6" / oil on archival canvas board / $99 (includes free shipping worldwide) 

3 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère Kim,

Des beignets qui me font fondre !... J'aime cette douceur qui s'impose dans les nuances de couleurs.
Un très joli contraste avec ces beignets, l'assiette et le fond. Un joli travail dans les ombres.

J'aime aussi le dessin à l'encre des feuilles de la plante de ton bureau.
Je trouve intéressant de prendre l'initiative de faire ce genre d'exercice. Mon mentor, me disait et souvent il me l'a répété : il faut dessiner chaque jour...

Jolie publication mais qui m'a donnée faim !

Gros bisous ☼

Sandra Busby said...

Trust you to start painting doughnuts again, just as I go on a pre-Xmas detox!!!They look good enough to. I have cardboard for lunch today and wood shavings for dinner - at least that's what it tastes like!
The InkTober challenge sounds fab! I wish I'd known about it sooner - I would have been prepared! :0)

Barbara Muir said...

Yum,

Want the donuts and congratulations on the sketch. Yikes Inktober.
Good for you.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara