Wednesday, January 14, 2015

3 paintings/5 days Artists Challenge - Reaching back into the archives

Hey folks! So on my Facebook page, Kim Rempel Art, I received a nomination to participate in an art challenge. I am to post three paintings a day for five days and pass the nomination on to a fellow artist each of those days. Linda Hunt, who is an artist I got to know through blogging, asked me to participate. Please check out her work, she's a very good painter. Hunt paints with confident, loose brush strokes and has a very lovely, interesting and sophisticated palette. Thanks Linda. I admire your work greatly : )
So here are my three paintings for the day. I have reached way back into the archives and chosen three figurative works.
After the party / sold
 Bed of Roses / acrylic / 24"x30" / $750
Nude from behind / acrylic / 36"x36" / $1000 (framed)
~~~
Today's nomination is Barbara Muir, a Toronto artist who has become a friend of mine. We met through blogging and ended up meeting in person and becoming friends. She is a lovely, vibrant artist who lives and paints with joy. She specializes in portraits but also paints bright, bold landscapes and killer food paintings as well : ) Please check her out!

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much. I accept the challenge, and I am so pleased with your kind words. Thank you. I have hurt my leg quite badly, and am taking it horribly easy this week, so I hope you don't mind if I pick this challenge up and start it next week :-)

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,

I forgot to say, I love, love, love your work posted here.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Page Pearson Railsback said...

This work is very beautiful