Friday, June 15, 2012

Show Opening!

I've been a bit of a blogging slacker this week. Gosh - it's been busy. Anyway, yesterday was the opening of a group show I was a part of at Gallery M in Cambridge. I am showing my abstracts as well as a few still life pieces + daily paintings. It was a lovely night and I was thrilled with the way the paintings were shown. I absolutely loved creating these pieces and look forward to continuing the process. Thanks to all my friends who came. Merryn hung a vibrant, colourful show with lots of interesting work. There was very good attendance, champagne and hors d'eouvres. And lots of laughter. And guess who showed up???
Barbara Muir!!! What a terrific surprise. Her lovely husband Steven came as well (and snapped this picture for us). In fact she even did a post on her blog today. If you've never met Barbara, I can tell you she's as vibrant and enthusiastic and dynamic as her paintings. Thanks for coming Barbara ; )
Another guest was Laurie Wonfor Nolan (another rock star to me). Laurie's taught me so much, it was fun catching up. 
It was nice meeting the other artists there that I hadn't yet met and visiting with friends BrendaCathy (one of the artsits), Victoria, Delia (and her artist son) and of course my mom and dad. Below are some pictures from the night. If you'd like to see all my abstracts at the show (with titles and dimensions) you can click here.
A sweater tree outside the gallery.
"Jewels", "Autumn" and a bit of "Blossoms". Photo courtesy: Gallery M
"Lovers", "Kites" and "Pond". Photo courtesy: Gallery M
Florals by fellow artist/friend Cathy Amos. A few of my small daily paintings in the middle.



7 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Congrats on the show. The abstracts look awesome on the walls!
Also, thanks for your insightful comments on my "Currys Art Store" posting. Nice to hear such positive words.

Nicki said...

Oh, how I wish I lived closer!!! Kim, you know if I could have been there I would have! I'd love to see those amazing abstracts up close and personal! And your cute hair cut too! ;)

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

What a beautiful looking show, Kim. I'm not that big on abstracts but I have to say, yours are so color yummy I wouldn't hesitate to hang them on my walls. Congratulations!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,
What a great show. I should add that I really liked your non-abstract work too. I was entranced with how you paint. So wonderful. It was super to see you.

XO Barbara

Crystal Cook said...

Kim this is so awesome! And I LOVE the pics of you! Your hair is super cute, and that jacket and belt are soooooo hip. Love it. :)) And of course your art looks so great hanging there, your abstracts really have presence when you see them hanging on the wall. So happy for you, and proud too truth be told. :))) You are shining. *hugs*

Sandra Busby said...

Wow!! I had no idea your paintings where that size! I don't know why but I thought they were all small. Anyway, they look fantastic on the wall like that and I loved looking at you photo's :0)

Lesley said...

Kim the show is great congrats and thanks for sharing your opening night excitement with us. Finally we got to see the scale of your yummy paintings. Seeing them daily was a wonderful peek over your shoulder as you were working through your new series, scale is a tough one on a blog.