Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twisted apple

Okay...so today's painting is a piece in transition. It is not yet finished but I am a bit stuck on where to go with it from here. It started out well: atmospheric and subtle, and then somewhere I took a wrong turn and couldn't find my way back : ( I did have a number of fellow artists give me ideas (if only they had all agreed! ; ) so I just have to stand back from it for a while, think on it, and then find my course. Perhaps the best advice came from Cathy, my mentor (Catherine Gibbon - see link to the side) who spoke about deciding on the colour of light, and remembering values. I have a fair bit left to do on this piece and will post it again when I'm not feeling so annoyed with it!

3 comments:

Neodad said...

I'll have Sonwun look it over in the morning. I'm sure he'll have a few ideas. (If this makes no sense, check the blog.)

Kim Rempel said...

LOL - I checked it a couple of hours ago. Please tell Sonwun I am waiting for his advice! Time is of the essence!

Neodad said...

Sonwun says the tree needs apples, peaches and strawberries on it. And a dumptruck and some ants too.
There you have it Kim, advice from one artist to another.
Good luck!