Saturday, October 9, 2010

In a squeeze

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there! I painted a pumpkin to post for today and then was so busy with cleaning/prep for dinner that I forgot to photograph it when there was still daylight. I tried with a flash but just get flashback so it will just have to be my next post. For now I am doing a re-run from January "In a squeeze". And like I said in winter...Who hasn't felt that?! ; ) And dinner was lovely. Old friends + good food and wine = great times : )
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75







6 comments:

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Kim, Harry and crew!.... Happy Thanksgiving to all at the Rempel "res"!

"Squeeze Play".... great analogy... and painting as well! No "squeeze" here this holiday... the gang's all... "elsewhere" this year. Deb and I will be soloing.... small stuffed chicken... WHEW!!!... and Big Bird sighs in relief... as does the Paint Box Chef Bruce! HAHA!!!

Happy Thanksgiving...Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Sandra Busby said...

Brilliant! I like the way you have painted the glass and the refracted light. And the background is good too :0)

elena nuez said...

Brilliant... as always!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I just found your blog and liked your artwork so I decided to follow. Feel free to come visit mine as well.

Sounds like you had an awesome Thanksgiving with people you enjoy being with. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!! -Joe

David Larson Evans said...

Love it,the idea of round peg in square hole ,the little blue edge,the hazy edge behind the glass...A+

Denise SCARAMAI said...

Kim,
this work is amazing!
the division of space
in the composition is excellent!
perfect colors! congrats
is one of my favorites!
cheers