Friday, April 15, 2011

First daffodil

I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts regarding my grandmother. I didn't expect such a response and was sincerely touched by all your kind comments. Things haven't changed much since Tuesday but I found a few hours where I felt like ducking into the studio today so I just went with it. Our first daffodil bloomed Monday so it seemed I should mark the occasion. Even though it felt like winter today, the calendar tells me it really is spring ; )
6" x 6" / oil on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping) 





8 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Glad you made it into the studio. Such a great diversion. Wow...you have daffodils! I guess its true that your area on that side of the lake is a little ahead of us. Lovely soft spring colors in this painting.

Barbara Muir said...

It certainly does feel like winter. I just went walking in my winter coat and it was coooold. Beautiful daffodil painting. I'm sure ours will be out tomorrow too.

XOBarbara

Violetta Smith said...

Nice to see you back,Kim. Love the painting.

LindaHunt said...

Very pretty painting..I love the interplay of light coming through the petals.

Celeste Bergin said...

glad you found time to paint...and you were rewarded with a lovely painting. Sorry to hear about your Grandmom. I envy that relationship. Hugs to you.

Kathy Cousart said...

Been thinking about you. Very glad you got to paint for a bit. This daffodil is lovely! One of my favorite flowers. Ours have come and gone in Georgia already so fun to see one:)

Virginia Floyd said...

Lovely painting, Kim. I really like all the pastel colors in the background. Glad you got to paint today.

JanettMarie said...

Yeah, daffodils, did you know that daffodil bring hope? Hope for good weather I think!! Like warm weather!