Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pitcher with pears

Long-time readers of my blog (and with good memories : ) may remember what canvas I re-purposed this from. This one changed a number of times. I've posted photos of two previous incarnations below and the way it last looked can just be described the vase on an all white background. I brought this to paint over on Monday (studio time with Laurie) because it had always felt a bit isolated and staid to me. However, when I looked at it on the easel I really liked what was going on with the flowers and didn't want to cover them. An artist next to me was painting a set-up of fruit, a milk pitcher and a candlestick. I looked at it and wondered if I could incorporate my flowers into that setting and have it look integrated and complete. And here is the result. 
p.s. I'm not really keen on the title. If anyone's got a better idea, I'm all ears!
acrylic on canvas / 24" x 24"


8 comments:

AK said...

This latest one has a different character to it. It is fabulous.

Fay Terry said...

You amaze me- I love what you 've done with this!
How about "Company's Here" because now the vase
Is not alone.
The flowers are great and so is the pitcher.

Nicki said...

Wow. It's amazing how different the flowers look in each version... but the best is the most recent with the pitcher and pears.They look right at home in that context. Well done, Kim.

Susan Roux said...

This is quite interesting, Kim. I like all the versions. It's fascinating to see how the mood changes with different colors around the vase of flowers. The final version is more cluttered and looks real to me. It implies a story. I really like it. I'm drawn to the white pitcher. The colors pulled me in. Your evolution is so interesting... Well done. Do you think you'll stop painting it now?

Brenda L. Murray said...

It's beautiful, Kim. I liked the blue background version as well. Nicely done!

adrienne trafford said...

oh my, these are incredible!

Jill and Haida said...

A new life -

BrandNewStudio said...

ExcellentWork