Friday, December 16, 2011

The St. Nicholas Collection ~ No.4

Santa's feminine side? by Kim Rempel / acrylic on canvas
Painting No.4 of 10. This one makes me laugh : )
If you're new to this, the blurb below explains it all. Join at any time!
This painting is from a series on how I imagined modern masters would have portrayed St. Nicholas had they been commissioned to paint his portrait. When I exhibit this series I run it as an interactive show. I have a sheet that people can fill out with the titles running down one side and the painters down another. Viewers are invited to guess which artist inspired each piece. One winner is drawn from all correct answers and they receive a gift. It's fun. And if anyone is ever interested in showing it, email me and we'll set it up! I thought it would be fun to play online. This is the fourth of ten. The title holds a clue. You can answer back in the "Comments" section and I will draw one winner from everyone who correctly answers all ten. And I will send a gift, cause hey - it's a Christmas game! Feel free to tell your friends and have them play along!

Artists: Vincent vanGogh, Andy Warhol, Gustav Klimt, Marc Chagall, Emily Carr, Frieda Kahlo, Paul Gauguin, Jackson Pollock, Rene Magritte, Piet Mondrian

10 comments:

lcr said...

That unibrow & mustache !
Definitely Frida Kahlo.

Debbie Shirley said...

This one made me laugh! Totally Frida!

CHRIS MURRAY said...

love this series-Frida Klaus!

Diane Hoeptner said...

(Saw this on FB and thought what thuuuuuuhhhh????!!!) LOL: Too much fun! I'm crazy about this series! Can't WAIT to see the rest!!!

JanettMarie said...

If she would have lived to be this old, Frieda Kahlo may have looked like a female for the claus.

Brenda L. Murray said...

Freida + her unibrow.

Fay Terry said...

This is a great series of yours,this one is too funny!
Frieda Santa, of course.

Nicki said...

I missed this one... Frieda Kahlo!

Virginia Floyd said...

So funny! Great job!

Barbara Muir said...

Frieda Kahlo would not have approved Kim. She was a serious woman.

But I love Ms. Santa Kahlo.
You are funny.

XO Barbara
And so talented.