So here is the (almost) final piece. The stages to get here are shown below. As you can see I completely covered anything that was left of the original painting. Yesterday I was toying with the idea of keeping the greenery from the landscape painting in the top section but decided it needed a more graphic approach. I also changed the lettering on the box around. The box had been sitting in the turned over lid, hence the type was upside down but it confused enough people who were looking at it that I thought I'd better change it. I hope I made the right decisions but it's always a bit of a guessing game! This painting is acrylic and I think is about 18"x24".