Thursday, April 25, 2013

Opening Reception: Beyond the Wall. Unpacking the Layers of St. Catharines' Walls.

Today was the opening reception of Beyond the Wall. Unpacking the Layers of St. Catharines' Walls (The City of St. Catharines' 9th Annual Juried Art Exhibition • April 22-August 16) I was honoured to have my painting "Stacked" (In the City series) selected (and I'm happy to report it sold this month : ). There were thirteen other pieces in the show - all beautifully done and thought-provoking - a very good exposition!  One of the other artists was Elizabeth Zapotoczny (shown below). I really loved her painting and found it so moving.
On another note, you know how I told you about my (mis)adventure with my plein air class the other day? Well, here's what I started. I really liked the composition but when I began painting...well, let's just say it needs a lot of work. But the bones are there so I will press on! Happy almost-weekend friends!


6 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

What a post! Congratulations on both the sale, and the show. You are amazing. Love the other painting you featured too, and your beginning on the plein air adventure.

XOXO Barbara

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

NICE POST, KIM!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
Stay inspired!

Tammy Hext said...

Congratulations Kim!
So jealous that you are outside painting. Carry on - I agree the bones are there.

Sandra Busby said...

How great that you sold a painting and had it in a show! Well deserved! And it's always so nice to see them photographed like this so we can scale it up to something :0)

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Awesome painting..no wonder it sold! Really enjoying your abstract work.