Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Some nights are like that...

and tonight was one. I went to meet up with my plein air group which was an hours drive away at a new location. Couldn't find them anywhere! Turned around, drove, called...no luck. So in my goings back-and-forth I crossed a beautiful spot with a woods on one side and houses on the other. I decided to park it and pull out my gear and begin painting. A while in, a nice couple who lived across the street came to talk and I told them my original plan had gone astray. When I explained to them where I was supposed to me (in my defence) they did kind of laugh and say that the road was fairly confusing as it stopped and started and had a few dead ends. Anyway...my painting was beyond un-postable so I will  work on it tomorrow and see if I can redeem myself. In the meantime I am showing you this, which I had fun doing today in my studio. Something a little different. I was experimenting. It reminds me of batik and I am calling it "Farmer's Fields".

5 comments:

martinealison said...

Bravo ! vous avez réussi dans la confusion de ne pas trouver vos amis à vous poser et à tirer partie de cette journée de peinture...
Une oeuvre différente, moins épurée. Un concentré de formes...
Gros bisous

Barbara Muir said...

You are so impressive -- all freaked out and lost and you paint anyway! Wow. I like these farmers' fields.

XO Barbara

Sandra Busby said...

Well at least you still found a spot and painted anyway - I might have just gone home! Ooh - can't wait to see what emerges from this one :0)

Nancy Colella said...

I really love what you are doing these days! And Farmers Fields is just great! Love the lines- texture?
Acrylic? Sorry about the plein air experience going south...it's enver easy!

Karin Lynn... said...

I totally get this....being brave is what makes you a fab. Artist....