Wednesday, June 28, 2017

"Orchard" and "Evening in Paris"

Orchard / 24"x24" / acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas. 
When I was a kid, my grandma's house had a plum orchard bordering one side of her house. I remember one fun evening with my brother and cousins running around in the orchard picking up discarded and rotting plums and putting them in cups and mashing them up with mud and water. We had so much fun. 

Evening in Paris / 36"x60" / acrylic on wood. 
This is the last in a series echoing memories of my grandmother. When I was young I remember absolutely adoring a bottle of Evening in Paris perfume in her bedroom. It is said to be one of the world's most popular perfumes in the 1930s. It came in a cobalt blue bottle with a gold tone lid. It was probably that blue that had me mesmerized. 😘 Does anyone remember it?

2 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

PRETTY!
i remember the perfume...I think my Nana wore it!

Unknown said...

I very much remember it! It seemed everyone used it in 1950.