Friday, November 6, 2009

Autumn Hills

There are quotes more applicable to this painting than the one I've posted below, but I came across this verse today and just loved it. I've never heard this song but will do a search for it.
6"x 6" / oil on panel / $65
The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold
Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall.
Johnny Mercer
Much-recorded song Autumn Leaves. Originally a French song Les Feuilles Mortes with lyrics by poet Jacques Prevért.








1 comment:

Shelly Sargent said...

I love this painting, Kim... it catches that twilight feeling perfectly....