Thursday, August 30, 2012

Opening at Gallery M!

My friend and fellow artist Brenda and I in front of a couple of my paintings. The light is kind of bad in this shot, proper photos of these paintings are below:
Bowmen Swamp, 36"x36", acrylic on canvas
Inksetter Pond, 36"x36", acrylic on canvas
Merryn, gallery owner and hostess extraodinaire
 "Incoming", 16"x20", acrylic on canvas
"Apple Blossoms" 36"x36", acrylic on wood
Above two photos: my four biggest supporters : )
Friend and fellow artist Cathy Amos
My painting has taken a back seat this summer. Like, not the back seat of a compact car, the back seat of a looong city bus! But that's okay. School begins next week and I'll be back in a routine.
These are pictures from the opening at Gallery M  in Cambridge, August 17th. Better late than never! It's a colourful, dynamic show on till mid-October. Please pop in if you're in town!


7 comments:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I SO wish I could go - the show looks FANTASTIC~ and don't worry about that back seat of the bus for your art - sometimes you need to just 'fertilize'... You're work here is so dynamic and exciting - wishing you lots of red dots!

Crystal Cook said...

This exhibit looks SO fabulous Kim!! And your supporters are so awesome. :) Back seats are where it's at sometimes isn't it? That's where all the cool people sit in the summa time. ;)

Sandra Busby said...

Me too Kim! I was only just saying that my blog has taken a back seat because of the holidays! So frustrating! Still - all back to normal the week after next :0)
Your paintings look FABULOUS!!! They are bigger than I imagined. And how proud you must feel to have them hanging on a gallery wall like that :0)

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Congratulations!!! I would love to see it in person! Good luck getting back in the swing of things:)

Barbara Muir said...

Great pictures from your show. Wish I could have been there. Your work is beautiful, and your family looks so sweet.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

The show looks excellent! As always I wish I lived closer. You could photoshop my face in and then five of your biggest supporters would have been there! Hahahahahahaha!

And I still love Inksetter Pond!

Neodad said...

Awesome Kim. Like the others, I just wish I lived close enough to attend. Awesome!