Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bowmen Swamp + an invitation

This is a small acrylic piece I painted at Bowmen swamp. I love that place. Something about the reflections and the rhythm of the trees, branches and logs in the water. It has the best feel! Some places you just feel a kinship with and that is Bowmen swamp for me.
Also, THIS Saturday and Sunday is the Christmas HandMade Market. I will be at The Good Earth with a collection of my small paintings. There are wonderful artisans there, food and wine (and one year they had sipping chocolate and handmade marshmallows!). Consider this your personal invitation. A great chance to shop local and one-of-a-kind.

8 comments:

Elsie Rempel said...

Kim, it's beautiful. I love the colours!
Wish I could be at the market.

Nicki said...

This is a beautiful painting Kim. I love it a whole bunch. Your Bowmen Swamp sounds like my Spruce River. How wonderful to have discovered these places teeming with inspiration. And does it look different every time you go? It makes my heart glad to know you have a place like this.

Heather said...

Great job, Kim! I just love it. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I hope you take this as helpful feedback as intended. Every time I receive your blog I have a struggle to remember what your name is because it doesnt appear anywhere, just the name EAT DRINK PAINT. As moderator of the Facebook page GET YOUR ART OUT THERE and having taken many Art Marketing classes I know it's extremely important to get your actual name in front of as many eyes as you can. Great to have a catchy blog name alongside as well - My blog and signature painting class is PAINT A MASTERPIECE, my Facebook gallery is BLUE SKY RED EARTH, but my name is SEA DEAN. People associate all these names to each other very successfully.

By the way I love this little painting. I love your colours and the light in your work almost like stained glass. Sea Dean

Sandra Busby said...

Well, this is gorgeous! I love the colour and it really is oozing warmth :0)

Karin Lynn Cumming said...

Love this Bowmen swamp....beautiful colour and light...want to teach a class on colour mixing?

Crystal Cook said...

When I look at this painting it feels like a place I would love to be. So peaceful. I have a place like that. It's under a huge old russian olive tree at the bottom of my parents horse pasture. :))

And I wish I could come to your market!!!!!! Sounds so fun.

Kim Rempel said...

Thamk you everyone. And Sea, I wasn't aware that the blog feed did not have my name on it as my blog proper does. I have made the change! Thanks.