Monday, March 11, 2013

Work in progress

So this is the latest abstract painting in my "In the City" series. It is still a work in progress. Parts of it are working. I'm liking what's going on in the very bottom right corner and in the 4th quadrant in general, but the whole still needs work/much thought.
I got hit with a nasty cold + fever but am on the mend - except for the cough, which seems to have worsened - but I'm working on it. Thanks for the tips by the way. I am already a big ginger tea drinker and I'm trying all the other tricks too. On a positive note, spring is definitely in the air! Birds are chirping, snow has melted and temperatures are above zero. Happy March.

6 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

KIM...This has so many interesting parts to it!!!

martinealison said...

Heureuse de pouvoir admirer l'évolution de votre travail... et aussi ravie que celui-ci vous apporte du plaisir et du contentement.
En France cette année, la grippe a été invasive. Le printemps aussi semble vouloir s'installer dans ma région, en revanche dans le nord, la neige a refait son apparition ! Grrrr...
Gros bisous à vous, soignez-vous bien !

JanettMarie said...

Like, like, like this Kim.

Sandra Busby said...

I love your abstracts - You can tell that a lot of planning has gone in to it because the best abstracts make the mind think it sees things... In this case a figure wearing black and white... Anyway, I hope you're feeling much better soon. It is bitterly cold here and snowing! But school is closed, so charlie is happy! :0)

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,

I so love your work, and you are amazing with abstract work. I am so impressed with this. Get better. Hot lemon with cayenne pepper (a shake) and maple syrup is what my herbalist recommends. What a trooper you are painting when you aren't well.

XO Barbara

Hope to see you soon in Toronto!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Kim,

I so love your work, and you are amazing with abstract work. I am so impressed with this. Get better. Hot lemon with cayenne pepper (a shake) and maple syrup is what my herbalist recommends. What a trooper you are painting when you aren't well.

XO Barbara

Hope to see you soon in Toronto!