Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Zinnia mugshot - SOLD

Maybe drooling over all of Karin Jurick's mugshot portraits crept into the naming of todays painting : ) My zinnias have finally drooped and wilted. This one alone still had some sparkle so it got a close-up. Looking back over the past week, I'd have to say my favourites were "Zinnia feast" and "Zinnia burst". At first I wasn't sure about the latter and almost didn't post it but it's grown to be one of my top two. Funny how that happens. I like this one though, it makes me smile. Thanks for your comments everyone. I truly appreciate what everyone has added to the conversation and often your words are just what I need to hear. And while I can vacillate about mediums and all that jazz, in the end I liked how JanettMarie summed it up: "Acrylic...oil...yes it's all paint!!"
6"x6" / acrylic on panel / SOLD

2 comments:

LindaHunt said...

This great big pink zinnia makes me smile too...very joyful!

Costea said...

I love this painting. Expresses youth and vitality.