Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Country lilacs

Before too long they're going to be finished. I will miss their scent!
On another note: I am heading out to British Columbia to photograph a wedding in the woods this coming weekend so I have painted a bit ahead and am trying advanced posting. I will be *truly* off the grid (even no cell phone reception!) so won't be able to comment/ship purchases until I get back in about a week. I'll share some photos when I return!
6" x 6" / oil on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)



7 comments:

Kristina Steinbring said...

Love your handling of the water and glass! We are way behind you here...the lilacs haven't even begun to bloom in my yard yet!

Crystal Cook said...

Those are so gorgeous Kim! I've loved all your lilac paintings, they remind me of my mom. :) Hope you have a great trip and can't wait to see the pictures!

Unknown said...

oooo Kim this is beautiful I really admire the unique composition. I'm coveting your "sprig of lilac" also. Its juicy brushstrokes are to die for!

martinealison said...

Ces jolies fleurs éphémères que celles du lilas sont superbement peintes ma chère... Bravo!
Je vous souhaite un excellent séjour... gros bisous

Celeste Bergin said...

lovely color harmony...this is super pretty!

GAIL said...

Soooo beautiful! Your series is a way of capturing the beauty before it's gone. Way to go! Lilacs are one of my favourites and sad to see the season is over in our yard. I purchased a "forever blooming lilac" for my parents recently. Sounds delightful eh?
Safe travels Kim!

Kim Blair said...

Your lilac paintings are lovely!
Kim