Sunday, June 5, 2011

"Pansy bed" by Canadian artist Kim Rempel - SOLD

 - SOLD
Every spring when I go to the garden center I look forward to the rows upon rows of cheery pansies. It's always a decision: do I go for the muted, water-coloured ones, do a yellow + deep purple theme, or stick with orange and peachy tones? What about the wine-coloured? Those are the fun kind of decisions! So in a couple of pots I crammed every colour I could (painted above) and in the pots by the door I did purple and yellow. A simple thing that makes me happy : )
6" x 6" / oil on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny Kim...I was just thinking to myself this morning I need to go to the nursery and paint me some pansies...a flower I haven't done yet! These are lovely.

Kathy Cousart said...

Kim,
This is wonderful! Love the shapes of the leaves and the colors are fabulous! Really like the loose and fun feel of happy pansies!

Celeste Bergin said...

wow is this pretty!! wow!

Fay Terry said...

These pansies are so fresh and casual. The cheerful mood of the painting started my day so wonderfully!

Sandra Busby said...

I think I would have done exactly the same! You can never have too much colour to brighten the days, lol! And what a lovely painting to show for it :0)

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful Kim,

I am so impressed by you. Hope I can
figure out how to see you over the summer.

XO Barbara