Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ms. A. Sort with black clutch and dogs - SOLD

The Allsorts are back! Last February I painted a series of Allsorts portraits (the Royal Family, the Cousins, etc...). At the bakery the other day I saw a bag of them and my interest was rekindled. I think I may do a series of these as larger paintings, using my smaller ones as studies. I have way too much fun with them. Anyway, this is Ms. A. Sort, with her new black clutch, walking her dogs (I think those would be a Scottish Terrier and Poodle if anyone's interested ; ). And I included a photo of my set-up so you could see how the candy had actually been stuck together. I had to make use of that!
6"x6" / oil on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)

7 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

That is the funnest, most inventive use of candy I've ever seen. Love those little doggies! :D

Elsie Rempel said...

I love the Allsorts paintings! Something about them is so intriguing.

Barbara Muir said...

You are a very inventive artist. This is way cool.

XO Barbara

Sandra Busby said...

Lol! Oh I am chuckling at this... You have such an imagination! I'm afraid that I would be too impatient to eat them because I LOVE them! Especially the coconut wheels! (pink) :0)

Fay Terry said...

This is so intriguing and I am happy that you are going to do some larger ones, too. The black clutch is so stylish!

Brenda L. Murray said...

Terrific, Kim! So fun and imaginative!

CHRIS MURRAY said...

good enough to eat. I'm sure I would love these candies-never had them before.