Tuesday, February 15, 2011

After dinner smile

Technically I had a lot of fun painting this. More fun than yesterday's rose. Those petals and folds got a little crazy. In this one, the plastic wrap and translucence of the hard candy were just plain FUN : )
I'm not one for suckers or hard candy but my kids like getting them after a meal at a restaurant. And I must fess-up to enjoying the chocolates that a few restaurants bring instead of suckers or mints. I know one place that even brings a brownie. Hmm...I wish more would do that! 
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75





8 comments:

martinealison said...

Un véritable bonbon d'amour... Bisous

Mermaid's Palette said...

You did a great job with this- love the shiny quality!
Sheryl

suzanneberry said...

there is so much character in that lollipop i can't believe it! beautifully done! and the wrapper! this is very, very cool!

Sandra Busby said...

This is so cleverly done!
The transparency of the wrapper and translucency of the lolly come across perfectly :0)

LindaHunt said...

I love this playful painting..the wrapper is done so well...nice job!

Ralph said...

Ok I like the idea but oh no please I have enough of a problem resisting the food before me without have free stuff put my way, LOL I love the painting.

Kathy Cousart said...

Really like this! Looks fun- love the wrapper! Great job:)

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

This one just blows me away - right on, Suzanne - charachter! And we all know how hard cellophane is!