Monday, February 28, 2011

Wallace Mountain, Kluane, Yukon, Canada

Today I thought I'd add another painting to this entry for variety ; ) I painted this when we were in the Yukon. A personal favourite! I am happy with it because after spending a day laboriously painting some mountains the day before, and having it look, well,...normal and ho-hum, I was able to just let go and feel the mountain. I always get a thrill when I can paint what I'm feeling instead of what I'm seeing, you know? I have posted this one on my blog sometime in the past year and a half, but it's been a while. Once in a while I like to show some of my larger art from my website.

8 comments:

Art by Katalin said...

This is so wonderful Kim! It reminds me of the paintings of the Group of Seven.
For some reason I keep seeing an abstract person standing at the top right corner,on the top of the mountain.Is it really there or something's wrong with my eyes!? ;)

Kathy Cousart said...

I see wonderful colors and a respect for the mountain! Just fabulous!

Layne Cook said...

You really captured the undulations. The cragginess at the top is pretty cool too- and i like the shape of the lit part at the upper right. Looks like a fantasy mountain!

martinealison said...

Vous avez bien reproduit les belles impressions de vos promenades en montagne.
Vos couleurs sont magnifiques.
Bisous

Rachel said...

I love the colors and feelings of this painting. I can see why it is one of your favorites. It is beautiful.

Denise SCARAMAI said...

oh... I loved!!
so imposing; congrats!
hugs

suzanneberry said...

it's easy to see why it's one of your favorites! so much about this that draws the viewer in. rich, sumptuous and beautifully done!

Arianna said...

Marvellous that colours! It's a dreamful place...Arianna