Sunday, November 20, 2011

ARTLOVE: Kurt Lightner

Untitled by Kurt Lightner, acrylic on panel, 66"x84", 2010
Untitled by Kurt Lightner, acrylic on panel, 55"x72", 2010
Untitled by Kurt Lightner, acrylic on panel, 12"x16", 2010

So one of the great things about the internet is discovering something completely by chance. I was doing a search for art t-shirts (looking for some clever ones that pertain to the profession) when it lead me to site Today in Art which showcased the work of Kurt Lightner. LOVE!! I really don't know much about him other than what his website says. He was born in Ohio and lives and works in New York City. And man, can he paint. Totally thrilling!

4 comments:

Nicki said...

Wow. You aren't kidding... he can paint and then some! I LOVE too! How original. Thanks for sharing this find.

Crystal Cook said...

Wow. That sort of reminds me of the episode of Hoarders I watched last night. But he IS talented and visionary. :) Super cool find.

Karin Lynn said...

wow I do love his work.....I would have looked at those scenes and not even have "seen the picture".....

BrandNewStudio said...

Wonderful Works
Thank you for sharing