Monday, August 10, 2009

Second-chance tomato

Here's a nice juicy tomato on a hot summer day. To be honest, I first tried my hand at my parent's garden shed. It's so charming - I always smile when I see it. Unfortunately, after I finished, I was embarrassed - it looked like my first year college stuff (no offense to first year art students! I emphasize "my" first year : ). So after supper I grabbed a tomato from the bag Mom had sitting on the counter and gave it a go. Maybe the shed fiasco loosened me up - but I rather like this little guy!
6" x 6" x 1.25" / acrylic on canvas / $45

4 comments:

Dawn Sherman said...

Awesome! Just awesome! It's perfect...what more can I say. :)

Unknown said...

Delightful.

Unknown said...

My daughter saw this painting and said "It is so cute!"
All my kids have enjoyed our new art in our kitchen too.

Debra said...

Love it!