Saturday, August 8, 2009

Trees in mist

Well it's been a busy couple of days. Last night we went to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM). Fantastic! The rocks and minerals exhibit was a feast for the eyes. Lots of sparkle and colour : ) And today we had a great day with visiting family but I managed to get a painting in before everyone arrived. It was misty and just starting to rain. I stepped outside and painted these old pines in our backyard. They are planted close together, and situated among other trees vying for sunlight so they are without needles until the very top. I left that part out, and just focused on the rhythym of the bare branches.
6" x 6" x 1.25" / acrylic on canvas / $45

2 comments:

Shelly Sargent said...

Bob just saw this one and said "ooo... I like tree's in mist... tell Kim she should do a waterfall". So I did. : )

Unknown said...

I really like this one too. It has a bit of a surreal quality, what with the repetition and the mist. Lovely.