Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shells and wood

Mixing it up a bit today. This is a pastel drawing I did a couple of years back (Sundays I take the day off and post a piece from my website). It was a simple set-up of driftwood and a few shells. And I loved doing it. Loose, energetic, a bit abstract. I did two back to back. Next Sunday I will post the other one.
And today I'd like to send a special shout-out to the brilliant minds at Echo Hill Automation. Last night, after millions of hours of designing, researching and very hard work, they ground their first part on the TACTIC 8, a new centerless grinder they developed that will revolutionize the industry. A bottle was smashed, champagne was drunk. Congratulations guys!
18" x 24" / pastel on paper

2 comments:

Ray said...

Oooh, and I missed it. That is brilliant.
One reviewer said, "it'll revolutionize the industry". If I recollect accurately it was that brilliant blogger at sothereuhaveit. Congratulations, and it now has a name TACTIC 8, I love it

Shelly Sargent said...

Kim... love the sketch - but very excited for Harry & Dan. Give them our best - here's hoping they become madly rich and famous! ; )