Thursday, March 22, 2012

Painting Outdoors

Today we had ANOTHER gorgeous day! It must have been 25˚. So in the afternoon I got outside and began a painting I've been wanting to do for a long time: this fabulous oak tree. It is believed to be the oldest oak in the Niagara Region. It is on the property of the Grand Oak Culinary Market in Vineland. I worked a couple of hours and got a large portion of the tree drawn in. This canvas is 36"x36" so it's going to be a nice, big one! I'm sure this is a tree I'll paint again and again.
Also, eagle eye viewers will notice...I got a new easel! Ever since I began plein air painting I've painted with my trusty, lightweight collapsible black one. And although I bought this lovely French number the end of last year, this was the first day breaking it in. I'm feeling the love! Bring on the spring...I'm ready to paint!




3 comments:

martinealison said...

J'ai hâte de voir l'évolution de cette peinture... le dessin est déjà très prometteur.
Gros bisous

Barbara Muir said...

Love this Kim,

Good for you. The drawing looks amazing.

XO Barbara

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

fun composition!