Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Small beauty

This painting is from a lovely little arrangement that we received from friends on the weekend. Isn't it sweet? They are the same couple that gave us the cauliflower from yesterday, which by the way, my husband grilled for supper tonight and gosh, it ever DELICIOUS.
In reality these were a luscious clump of white carnations with a burgundy ruffled edge. Very complex and would have drove me to drink. So...I squinted and kept it loose.
Thank you to all who have signed on for the 100 Woman Show - International Women Celebrate! We are still taking artists - from any where in the world - you can read more about it here. ; )
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75






7 comments:

Nicki said...

Smart move with the squinting... carnations- yikes! They look great and I also like the way you handled the basket/container.

graziano tessarolo said...

Molto bello, delicato e pieno di energia allo stesso momento.
Ciao
Graziano

Manel said...

I love the way you paint.

Sandra Busby said...

Wow - This painting is really shouting to be noticed! You make it all look so easy!

Layne Cook said...

This is a celebration of paint. It looks so thick and fresh. I really like the palette, the looseness and, well, everything about this one.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Just beautiful. Very sweet. Love your brush strokes!!

Kim Rempel said...

Thanks everyone! Sandra, I had to smile - I make it look easy? Well, that's a very nice compliment but just shows how much you can hide in a painting ; )