Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ART LOVE: Girl in White with Trees (2001-2) by Peter Doig

Peter Doig / Girl in White with Trees (2001-2)
Oil on Canvas / 300x200 cm / Collection – Bonnefanten Museum Maastricht
Today I had a list a mile long of things I had to tend to, so...no painting time! But since I didn't post an "Art I admire" on the weekend, I thought I'd do it today. I've waxed on about Peter Doig before. Awesome. Sometimes I feel an uneasy tension (as in this piece) and sometimes just pure wonder when I get lost in his canvasses. I was lucky to see his piece Grand Riviere at the National Gallery in Ottawa last summer and in person, it is a TREASURE! Riveting. Not everyone's cup of tea but man, is he original and I love it.

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Un peintre qui ne manque pas de talent avec une interprétation très personnelle...
Toutefois "Girl in white with trees" m'interpelle un peu...
Cette oeuvre me met mal à l'aise. Beaucoup de choses tristes arrivent en la regardant...
Une peinture qui me laisse pensive...
Bisous