Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Plum crazy

I'm back! It was a great wedding and we got in a whole lot of visiting and sight-seeing. Let me just say that Winnipeg has really stepped up its game in the art department! Case in point is the Oodena Celebration Circle at The Forks (click on link for a 60 second video I found on YouTube) . It is a naked-eye observatory where you look through these sculptural "horns" and see constellations. They are arranged in a circle - kind of on the edge of a "bowl". Oodena is geometrically aligned to the sunrise and sunset of the fall and spring equinox, summer and winter solstices as well as true North. On top of that, each constellation you view is carved into the stone base stone that is supporting it's "horn". When I get my pics uploaded I will share. You can also try a Google search but the pics I found don't quite do them justice.
So today I painted these shiro plums I picked up at the market. They are the tastiest I've had in YEARS! Must have been perfect conditions for plum-growing this year ; )
 6" x 6" / oilon archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)





8 comments:

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

My mouth is actually watering, looking at this.

M R Anand said...

lovely colours and shadows..

Celeste Bergin said...

lovely colors and shapes!

Ralph said...

I always smile when I see you painting delicious fruit. Paint it I could not but eat it I can and do.

Audrey Hackman said...

Tasty plums, delicious painting,

Virginia Floyd said...

Beautiful painting! Love the composition and the beautiful colors in the fruit. They do look delicious!

Taylor said...

i love that shade of orange, i have a new obsession with it recently. ps. how did the wedding outfit from June go?!

Sandra Busby said...

Yes, I love that colour too! I just want to eat them!! :0)