Monday, August 22, 2011

Superstitions

This painting is for the Daily Paintworks Challenge: Painting a superstition. I found out putting your shoes on a table was bad luck when after I had done it, someone called out in alarm: Get your shoes off the table! They were new, or it was not a table that people ate at or something - I don't go putting shoes on tables normally ; ) It made me laugh but then I came to the conclusion that the superstition was most likely started by a mother who just wanted things clean and tidy! I didn't have my oil paints with me and did this in acrylic. It has a different feel I think. 
6" x 6" / acrylic on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)




6 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

I hear you on the superstitions....I am funny about shoes too- old or new...I have heard that one and learned it early on. Really nice shadows in the shoe beds. Like the detail in the straps- just enough:)

Linda Popple said...

Great painting and perfect for the challenge!!

Virginia Floyd said...

Great job on these strappy shoes. I like that hint of purple on the inside...it goes really well with the oranges in the painting.

Dayna Talbot said...

Kim....the colors are amazing!!! Thanks for checking out my blog and your comments!

Crystal Cook said...

This is awesome Kim. :) I love when you paint shoes! And this piece does have a different feel, a little more edgy and urban I think. I like it like that.

Crystal Cook said...

Oh, and that is a strange superstition, I've never heard it before. But then again I think ALL superstitions are strange.