Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cupcake fever

Have I said how hot it is??? Tomorrow may be a record-setter as the hottest day ever in Ontario. Wow! So today I was passing by a new cupcake shop in town called Icing Fever (appropiately name for today! lol) and I stopped in to pick up this sweet little apple pie cupcake to paint. And I was extra lucky - I got to participate in market research! They asked if I'd like to sample 2 of the same flavour cookies, made different ways. Kind of like a bake-off ; ) Fun! I highly recommend dropping by.
6" x 6" / oil on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)




8 comments:

SUSAN RODEN said...

My favorite subject - cupcakes! And man, is this frosting piled high. Great color and execution Kim.

martinealison said...

Hummm! Je viendrais bien partager une tasse de thé avec vous... et déguster ce délicieux gâteau... toutefois il est aussi très agréable de l'admirer et moins dangereux pour garder la ligne!
J'aime la manière dont vous l'avez travaillé.
Gros bisous.

Anonymous said...

But no matter how hot it is, it's not nearly as hot as you are!!!!! Miss you.

Sandra Busby said...

YUM, YUM!!! Now I am hungry! But I want to eat THAT cake! Could you please put it in a Jiffy Bag and post it to me? Your paintings are so fun!

Kim Rempel said...

Miss you too honey!!!

Karen Appleton said...

What yummy colors Kim! LOVE the warm undertone coming through the blue! Gorgeous!

The Art of Kim Kincaid said...

Yeah, what Karen A. said....yummy good painting.

Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow, you make it looks so easy. I love the light, colorful breezy graphic quality here, Kim! Gosh, may have to take a little breaky-break from painting flowers to try cupcakes, beautiful!!