Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Garden peas

Have a heart that never hardens, a temper that never tires, a touch that never hurts.  ~Charles Dickens
Those who are regular readers of my blog know that my grandmother passed away a few months back. Well today would have been her 90th birthday. It's strange not having her on this earth any longer - I miss her. Anyway, she was a natural green thumb and always had beautiful gardens filled with flowers and berries. This post is dedicated to her.

6" x 6" / oil on archival panel / $100 (includes free shipping worldwide)



8 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

Beautiful painting and beautiful post Kim. *BIG hugs*

martinealison said...

Une très belle intention et un merveilleux hommage à votre grand-mère grâce à cette peinture.
Je comprends le manque que vous ressentez. Elle serait fière aujourd'hui de vous lire...
Très joli travail que celui de ces petit pois...
Gros bisous

cohen labelle said...

I love the painting and I love the quote. If this is a sentiment that your late grandmother inspired in you or passed on, she was a great lady!!!

mary maxam said...

A wonderful statement in color, subject and thought. Very sweet in the best way.

Virginia Floyd said...

Very nice painting, Kim. I like the tribute to your grandmother.

Janet Bludau Fine Art said...

This is beautiful Kim- both the painting and the message. Thanks for sharing with all of us. Janet

Anonymous said...

Kim, a lovely painting today and even lovlier dedication to your grandmother. Thanks for sharing.

Claudia Hammer a Painting a day said...

I love this painting! Also the comments about you grandmother. The only grand mother I knew died in 1973. I miss her greatly. Your work is fab.