Friday, May 14, 2010

Disconnect switches

Trying to branch out with subject matter. I think that was the advice Rick was trying to give me (great painter by the way - you should check him out). Anyway - I have access to a machine shop and had thought of painting in there before but hadn't until today. There are a million things waiting to be painted in that place. This was a quick first attempt. I realized I need to be a lot more careful with my perspective and values (namely in the shadows). But I have to say it was good to have a change of scenery. I'll be back later next week.
6" x 6" / oil on panel / $75





10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is only 6x6? Amazing. Love utilitarian objects as subject matter. Well done!

LindaHunt said...

I think it was Robert Henry that said any subject, even the most mondane, can make a beautiful painting. Your have done so! Looking forward to your creative eye.

Shirley Marshall said...

This is very difficult subject matter .... and you have mastered it so well .... congratulations !!

Tammy Hext said...

Love the shadows under the switches. The machine shop is going to make a great series.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Oh, very fun! Love this one. And hooray for change and shaking things up, Kim. Not easy, but you've got an interesting path to follow here!

AK said...

I never realised such unassuming switch boxes could be turned into such a nice painting!!

Pam Holnback said...

You're on a roll!

Gwen Bell said...

You are amazing! This made such a good composition, you brave girl, you. I also like the way you worked red and pink into it. Gosh...so many values but you got them all.

Rick Nilson said...

thee best panel box paintings ever. thanks.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Kim, I love the technique you used on this painting. Just wonderful!