Monday, May 17, 2010

This won't be easy...

not that I thought it would be! A first attempt to do a different kind of still life here at home. I wanted to work a bit differently than usual but was home with a sick child so I used what I had on hand. My initial sketch was good and at one point I really liked what was going on in the painting. I kind of lost it along the way though. It's okay - it'll be a process. Was studying a lot of modern painters today - thinking about abstraction. Another journey.
8" x 10" / acrylic on canvas / $75

8 comments:

AK said...

I think its brilliant.

Art by Katalin said...

I think it's a great start Kim! I like it and it's really different from the ones you did before! There's a lot going on in this set up..I don't even know how you start a still life like this!:)
I like how you did the books on the table...and very interesting background..is that a real sized bottle? ;)
(hope your child gets well soon!)

Kim Rempel said...

It's actually a paper lantern from Ikea. It was the thing I had the most fun painting. It is challenging for sure but I'm not going to give up >: I
And I think my sick one will be back at school tomorrow : )

Art by Katalin said...

ah..very cool!....silly me..but it does have a bottle shape..haha :)

Kim Rempel said...

Ah - don't feel silly. I think that's the artist's fault ; )

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Lovely colours, loose, a lot of nice things going on. Kind of Matisse like in a way. Really like it.

Crystal Cook said...

Kim it's beautiful! But how could anything that you paint not be beautiful? It's not possible. But, jeez you are ambitious. Just thinking about painting that is giving me a headache, it's too much for my brain to wrap around :)

I really love it, and I hope your child feels better real soon!

Linda Popple said...

Very nice, Kim. Good to stretch a little and do some different things. Well done!