Friday, May 7, 2010

Work in progress, and I've been tagged


This is VERY MUCH a work in progress. I'm liking the composition but the values need a lot of revision: the sky will be lightened, the tree line darkened and the house corrected. A few more trees may be added. It's a house down the street from us and the tree in the front yard has the most graceful shape.
As for being tagged: Crystal Cook - watercolourist extraordinaire (and apparently a writer to boot - I have to check out her other blog) tagged me with this questionnaire. Here it goes.

Where were you five years ago?
1. here : )
2. painting intermittently and taking classes
3. staying home with the kids (still had 1 home full days and another 1/2)
4. loving it and my life

Where would you like to be five years from now?
1. I’d like to be a painter’s painter
2. I’d like to earn some money from my painting (is shooting for over $2,000/year too much too ask? lol)
3. a bit buff? ha!
4. waking up with my husband, a coffee and baugette in France
5. enjoying my (much older!) kids, husband, family and friends

What is/was on your to do list today?
1. hauling kids everywhere : )
2. grocery shopping
3. coffee with my sister (and bonus visit with nephew)
4. a daily painting
5. house cleaning

What five snacks do you enjoy?
1. popcorn (made in a pot on the stove!)
2. brownies
3. homemade hot cocoa with a bit of cinnamon
4. chips and salsa with a cold beer
5. red wine and cheese

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
Well of course I would HELP people, donate, do lots of good in the world (like Crystal), but the following answers are purely selfish, just for fun : )
1. have a house in Europe with a courtyard
2. have an original vanGogh of my choosing
3. hire a maid
4. travel to Spain to see Antoni Gaudi’s masterpieces
5. live in a quirky, old (but retrofitted) home, with one heck of a library and private yard

Fun huh? Now, in the true spirit of all good things bloggy, I tag the following people, who then post the same Q and A on their blog, linking back to me and then tagging more people if they want. NO PRESSURE but it’s fun if you have time :) I decided to tag a few blogs that aren't as well known in my art-circle to spread things out a bit. p.s. If you want to participate, the more the merrier! No worries about not being tagged. Just join in : )



5 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

You are so good...looks finished to me! I always love your treatment of the branches.

What a fun questionnaire and even more fun getting to know you better!

Crystal Cook said...

That is the most wicked awesome tree ever. Seriously :) You are amazing with not only your brush strokes, but your line work too. Can't wait to see the next step!

And I'm so glad you played this game :):):) Funsies!

Shirley Marshall said...

The painting does have a very pleasing composition ... the tree is beautiful.

Mary Anne Cary said...

I like the painting as is, you don't have to do much more, you happy mommy!!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

$2,000 a year?? It can happen. I have had good luck on Etsy. (This is NOT a paid commercial message)