Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wallace Mountain, Kluane, Yukon

Sundays I take the day off and post a painting from my website. I posted this on a previous Sunday but it was almost a year ago when I first began my blog, so only a few people would have seen it ; ) This was painted on our trip to the Yukon. We had so much fun. Three weeks of camping and years worth of memories. And I discovered I could paint mountains endlessly. Unfortunately we don't have them around here so I have to wait till another holiday. But I love painting the deep crevices and rolling formations.
20" x 24" / acrylic on canvas

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful use of colour as it moulds around the mountains! and i love how you have handled the sky

Starr said...

I LOVE all the color you put into this

Mary Anne Cary said...

Great piece, I can see why you love to paint mountains. Beautiful colors!

Linda Popple said...

These colors are awesome!

SUSAN RODEN said...

So bold! Love it Kim. Your colors are so rich too.
Nice....
Enjoy the day off?

Ralph said...

I so love the mountains and you have captured the majesty of these ones. I love the use of colour.

Shirley Marshall said...

wow !! Such a powerful image....amazing.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Gorgeous, Kim! You've used color brilliantly here, and I love the sky.

Crystal Cook said...

Such beautiful colors! You are skilled at using color, it's harder than it looks, I think :)

Hope you're doing well Kim!