Monday, May 31, 2010

Irises and snowballs

Cut flowers from my garden. The snowballs have now finished for another year, the irises have maybe a week left. I'm trying to get as many florals (from the garden) painted as I can. I know in January they will bring me much cheer : )
p.s. the fabric they're sitting on used to be a dress I bought years ago at Value Village. It was too big for me - but it was a hand-sewn garment embroidered with silver thread and I couldn't pass it by. My Mom made a few pillows out of it and I used some scraps for a crazy quilt.
24" x 24" / acrylic on canvas

9 comments:

Kerri Settle said...

Wonderful combination of colors; I've always loved irises.

Becky Joy said...

Wonderful paintings. The colors work well together.

Shirley Marshall said...

Really gorgeous !

Tammy Hext said...

Wow - great painting Kim - love it.

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous, Kim! There is such a clean, airy feel to this. Love the colors and the delicate pattern of the fabric.

Never heard of "Snowballs" but they are really lovely!

Crystal Cook said...

Kim, this is absolutely beautiful, I love those flowers. The irises are so beautiful. My mom always called them flags, I have no idea why though :) And that is such a cool thing about that fabric. I can't ever find anything awesome like that when I go to thrift stores :)

Hope you had a great weekend!

Susan Roux said...

Just lovely!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

love the colors in this. Everything about this is smashing.

Anonymous said...

This one has such a lovely Victorian feel to it. (and you know how I adore your florals) Maybe that's due to the use of the fabric. It really adds a lot of interest to the painting. Beautiful job as always, Kim!

E