Monday, May 24, 2010

Restoration, and a "dreamy" surprise


Sorry Dreama, I'm sure you've heard it all before but I couldn't resist ; ) Last week I got word that I won this beautiful painting of roses in a pitcher from Dreama Tolle Perry. If you don't already know Dreama's work, please check out her blog. Absolutely beautiful. And if you enter your name to receive her email newsletter, you'll be entered in her monthly draws as well. How great is that?! Thanks Dreama.
Today it is Victoria Day, also know as May 2-4... a long weekend! So I was with my family and not in the studio. I thought it still would be nice to post something so am showing this piece I did a number of years ago called Restoration. It just came over me - almost painted itself. I've wished I could have done more like it but it never happened. A few attempts just felt forced. Maybe one day it'll come again... Happy long weekend!

5 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

I know what you mean about not being able to "repeat" a painting. I love both these paintings. Congratulations on the win!

Anonymous said...

i love your Restoration painting - also the website of Dreama's

Tammy Hext said...

Congratulations on winning a painting by Dreama - I love her work too.

Crystal Cook said...

Congrats on the beautiful painting you won! And I love Restoration, it feels optimistic to me, just like you :)

Dreama Tolle Perry said...

Kim--Have been checking out your blog and so enjoy your work! Of course, had to stop on the "dreamy" one...:)) So thrilled that we are in the DPO group together..:))0)

Hugs!
Dreama